Friday, February 11, 2011

Brush Comparison


I thought I'd do a quick brush comparison as I ordered a couple of brushes recently


Firstly I got the new, what was SS224 now the E40 from Sigma, a version of MAC's 224. The SS224 was really nothing like the MAC one as it's bristles were shorter, it was denser, it was just... different!. Don't get me wrong I loved this brush because it was more precise for blending etc. but I did prefer the MAC. Now the new E40 is alot more similar to MAC, same size bristles but denser and slightly stiffer, which in my opinion makes it a better brush. Thats just my view. Also the price difference ($9 V $29) makes the Sigma brush a clear winner!.

L-R: MAC 224, Sigma E40 and Sigma 224


Next I got the 'pro blending fluff brush' from coastalscents which looked like a good dupe for MAC's 217 brush, I have a dupe from Sigma which is great but I just thought I'd try this out. Only difference between this and MAC is it is slightly stiffer, but only slightly and it isn't a bad thing. So both Sigma and C/S are great dupes and obviously alot cheaper!.
MAC= $22.50
Sigma= $9.00
C/S= $4.95



L-R: MAC 217, Sigma E25, Coastalscents





Hoped this helped someone out, cheaper is better somtimes, it's a recession after all!!

MissKC xxXxx

No comments:

Post a Comment